WATERCOLOUR and MIXED MEDIA WORKSHOP with Susie Ruddenklau
What to bring:
- Your own paints and brushes if you have them
- A palette or two white dinner plates
- Arches rough 300gsm paper
- A 5mm thick MDF board about 600 x 450mm(I will have half and quarter sheets of paper to sell if preferred) thin willow charcoal and pastels if you have them
- Handee towels
- 4B and 6B pencils and a good eraser.
Susie will bring... some paints, some brushes, extra boards to lend, extra
sheets of watercolour paper for people to buy, water containers, some
pastels and charcoal.
Painting and drawing has always been part of my life, and I have exhibited in NZ for 40 years firstly in watercolours, then acrylics, pastel, and mixed media.
I paint landscape and figurative works, which evoke light and atmosphere, and tell a story.
To explore beyond the obvious, create another perception of the world, to simplify reality and share ideas and beliefs. This is my own way ofentertaining the viewer. I love to evoke emotion, and a sense of being ‘in’ the
painting and absorbing its colourful and often humorous atmosphere.
In my years as an artist I have won numerous awards in Southland and Otago and my paintings are held in many collections both in New Zealand and overseas
Further information about this workshop and how to book can be found on our website:Bannockburnarts.co.nz