Skills Broker: He Toki ki te Rika
In these roles you will support students of the He Toki ki te Rika Work Readiness programme, to transition into employment. This will involve maintaining productive relationships, providing work experience, post-training pastoral care, work placement, and reporting on the success of your efforts and the He Toki initiative.
You will do this by
- Delivering an employer-centred service that connects employers with the supply of skills and labour
- Supporting students enrolled through the He Toki initiative to progress, and, following completion of their qualification, to transition into further training, relevant employment or into an apprenticeship that supports the Canterbury rebuild
- providing liaison services that will increase the likelihood of students gaining employment in the Canterbury region.
Reporting lines are to Te Waka Taunaki, CPITs Student Support Services Division, and the He Toki governance rests with an external group made up of inter-sector agencies, Ngai Tahu and CPIT.
If this opportunity to engage with and for Māori interests you PLUS you :-
- have experience in stakeholder engagement and the ability to interact and grow relationships with people at all stages of the employment process
- are informed about current industry trends and employer needs in the Construction and Infrastructure industries
- enjoy seeing projects through to fruition including the reporting, and
- have an understanding of the tertiary education system including the training models such as Modern Apprenticeship, Managed Apprenticeship, Apprenticeship training plans within ITP’s and ITO’s
Then - we would be delighted to hear from you.
Have experience in stakeholder engagemen, are informed about current industry trends and employer needs