Weta Workshop is looking for an Exhibition Designer to join its fast-growing Location-Based Entertainment (LBE) team!
In this role, you’ll be responsible for delivering high-quality exhibition and attraction design drawings and plans, based on the brief from your client.
Here’s the sketch. We’re looking for someone with a creative eye and a project manager’s hat. You'll be fearless in your pursuit of a well-executed brief, joining discussions, crafting design drawings and 3D visuals, and providing design direction to an enthusiastic and dedicated crew.
And when it’s time to bring it all to life? You’ll be at the coalface, working with manufacture and the installation teams to deliver an experience that’s nothing short of extraordinary.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Discussing the brief and design concepts with the design team
- Developing a genuine understanding of the clients need and objectives
- Creating initial design sketches and computer-generated 3D visuals
- Developing exhibition and display concepts into developed design plans
- Producing draft and detail construction drawings for exhibition displays and fit-out
- Undertaking a variety of design work (graphic design and artwork) for different displays and exhibitions
- Consulting with manufacture and installation teams
We’re looking for someone with:
- An artistic/creative eye
- Good time and people management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Confidence to make crucial decisions when required
- Solid computer CAD skills
You’ll also have:
- Excellent computer literacy with a high degree of proficiency in Adobe Suite, Rhinoceros 3D and Revit
- Vectorworks is an advantage but not essential
- Art direction experience
- Experience with manufacture processes used in the film and the exhibition industries
This contract is initially for three months, with the potential to review.
Applications close at 5.00pm, Friday 8th March 2019.
To request a copy of the job description, please contact email@example.com