Funding and Projects Advisor
Creative Bay of Plenty is a regional arts support agency, with our purpose to enable arts and culture to thrive in the Western Bay of Plenty. We achieve our purpose through delivery and leadership of Toi Moana and the CUSP framework.
About the role
Come and join our team!
The Funding position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service to artists, groups and organisations, and delivering efficient and consistent funding and grants management guidance, advice, training and connections for the arts and culture sector. This role is integral to the core team at Creative Bay of Plenty.
The position is responsible for:
- Provision of efficient and consistent funding and grants management guidance, advice and training for the sector
- Training / mentorship to enable sector to improve grant writing and sponsorship proposals
- Sponsorship connection brokerage and arts funding advocacy
- End to end coordination of the Creative Communities Scheme and the Jann Medlicott award
- Administration, data collection and the provision of accurate and timely information to key stakeholders
- Development and maintenance of a relevant national and local funding calendar to ensure that the sector is well informed of funding opportunities
- Key focus on developing relationships with local and national funding providers
This role will also provide support to the sector by offering peer mentoring and training opportunities (in-house or external) for/on the development of creative projects.
The full job description is available from our website here: https://creativebop.org.nz/2019/10/funding-project-advisor-role/
Please provide a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 18th of November with screening on a rolling basis so apply today.
Skills and experience
- Commitment to full time hours - with some after hours work required
- Proven experience in funding, grant writing and project management
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to build trust and rapport with customers and applicants by phone, internet and email
- Proven and genuine commitment to delivering outstanding customer service
- Demonstrate understanding of and empathy for kaupapa and tikanga Māori
- Experience in managing processes through to completion with efficiency, consistency and attention to detail
- Initiative and ability to identify the processes required to achieve set tasks, including adaptability to changes made to improve quality and timeliness of service
- Demonstrated, proactive commitment to the continuous improvement of processes