- An exciting contract opportunity for an experienced event coordinator
- Be part of an Oscar-qualifying international documentary film festival
- 6 months, full time, starting January 2021
This 6-month contract gives the ideal candidate to opportunity to build on their event coordination experience and knowledge, as they take a pivotal role in producing the Hybrid Edition of the Doc Edge Festival across Auckland and Wellington.
Your day to day role will see you managing our schools programme, opening and closing nights, the awards ceremony, our exhibition and other events; recruiting and coordinating the activities of interns and volunteers; managing the festival venue hub; managing all visiting guests' welcome packs, travel, accommodation and itineraries; maintaining the database of film submission, selection process and print traffic; and, assisting with festival ticketing and box-office operations.
This role really needs to see you hitting the ground running. The key skills and experience that we are seeking are:
- Experience within a festival or events coordination/production role for a minimum of 1 year
- Experience working in the live event and/or festival environment
- Experience with venue operations and ticketing
- Knowledge or love for documentary and storytelling
- Strong administration experience
- Ability to develop and execute event plans
- Excellent planning skills
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to manage others to perform their roles optimally
- Effective working in a team environment
- High level of confidence in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Comfortable working to and meeting tight deadlines
- Understanding of the technical production requirements for film screenings
- Completed or undertaking a qualification in event management and/or communication would be an advantage
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
- Innovative and creative thinker
- Excellent problem solver
- High level of attention to detail
- Effective working under pressure
- High level of self-motivation and enthusiasm
Our purpose centres on Doc Edge being the home for storytelling that changes the world. If you have the requisite skills and experience and are interested in finding out more about our vision, aspirations and how you could be part of our team, please visit the Doc Edge website.
How to apply
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter explaining why you think you are a good fit for this role to email@example.com with the subject line: Festival Coordinator Application – [Your Name]
Applications close at midday on Monday 7 December 2020.
Interviews with shortlisted candidates will be held in the week of 14 December.
Doc Edge reserves the right to vary or withdraw this position at its discretion.