- Manage the marketing, media, partnership and events team to ensure maximum positive exposure for the NPG in order to increase visitation to the Gallery and revenue from exhibition ticket sales.
- Plan, develop and manage brand and marketing campaigns for the NPG, its exhibitions, events and programs, within prescribed budgets and timeframes. Provide data to assist in the analysis of those campaigns.
- Create the Gallery’s data collection strategy and manage the implementation of a data collection plan.
- Contribute to securing new financial support for the NPG by developing and implementing a business development plan and lead partnership acquisition and retention activity.
- Build strategic relations and identify media partnering opportunities; provide support and maintain relationships with the NPG’s existing media partners and media buyers.
- Optimise the usage of the CRM database to achieve increased marketing effectiveness and best practice in customer relationship management.
- Provide input to Board papers, exhibition and other reports as requested by the Director.
- Contribute to the Gallery’s annual budget process and manage the marketing and communications budget and general administration on a day-to-day basis.
- Maintain effective relations with stakeholders, staff, tourism industry partners, corporate and gallery clients, the Ministry for the Arts and government.
The National Portrait Gallery encourages applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, the LGBTQIA+ communities, people with disability and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
The National Portrait Gallery is committed to ensuring a child safe and child friendly environment. All employees are expected to demonstrate a commitment to, and support for these principles in theory and practice.
If you require further information please contact Liz Nield, Director External Relations on 02 6102 7068 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, tell us how your skills, knowledge, experience and qualifications make you the best person for the job in no more that 2 x A4 pages.