95bFM is more than just a radio station. It’s an icon of Tāmaki Makaurau independent media that’s been a leader in New Zealand music, news, and culture for more than fifty years.
With a history of fostering some of Aotearoa’s most well regarded broadcasting talent, as well as being credited with helping launch the careers of musicians from SWIDT to The Mint Chicks, 95bFM’s programming is about more than just great-sounding radio; it’s about uplifting the voices of our local creative communities, and championing authenticity and independence.
We’re looking for someone to join our team with an understanding of 95bFM’s perspective and values. Someone with a broad passion for music, who believes in the importance of diverse viewpoints and the power of local representation. Someone who can work to mentor our next generation of DJs and broadcasters. We’re looking for someone who can help maintain our position at the forefront of independent broadcasting.
As our new Programme Director you will:
- Have overall responsibility for 95bFM’s on-air operations including music policy, announcers, volunteers, events, news and editorial direction, commercial integration, and creative policy.
- Seek, train, and mentor all on-air announcers.
- Help develop the strategic direction for 95bFM programming.
- Maintain 95bFM’s music policy and playlist.
- Be the first point of contact after-hours and on weekends in case of technical or other issues.
- Assist with all music related station events and outside broadcasts.
- Manage all required scheduled reporting regarding 95bFM’s content.
You’ll need to be a great communicator, highly motivated and self-directed, and able to work closely with the diverse and passionate team at 95bFM.