Marketing & Audience Development Manager
- Join New Zealand's leading arts and live entertainment organisation.
- Bring your management skills, marketing talents and creative ideas to activate the vibrant culture of Auckland's arts venues.
- Inspire and engage with all Aucklanders and visitors to Auckland.
Auckland Live is a leader in live arts and entertainment and active contributor to the vibrancy and creativity of our city. Auckland Live is a part of Auckland Unlimited – Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland’s economic and cultural agency committed to making our region a desirable place to live, work, visit, invest, and do business.
As custodians of some of Auckland’s most iconic event venues - which include the Auckland Town Hall, Aotea Centre, Aotea Square, The Civic, Shed 10, The Cloud, and the Bruce Mason Centre - we present live arts performances and experiences that support the creative sector and provide opportunities for people of all ages to engage and be a part of the arts.
We bring artists and audiences together to ignite emotions and create memories that last a lifetime.
He angitūtanga: The opportunity
We are seeking a Marketing & Audience Development Manager to lead our audience development team and deliver innovative marketing campaigns that enhance and expand the experience we provide to our customers and clients.
As part of a hardworking and passionate organisation, you will lead a team of four that are responsible for planning and delivering marketing campaigns for ‘Auckland Live presents’ work and providing marketing support and advice to national and international presenters/promoters. This is your opportunity to shape and be part of a dynamic organisation
Key responsibilities of this role will be:
- Allocating, overseeing, and supporting all campaign related work for Auckland Live
- Delivering marketing campaigns for complex and high-profile events
- Building on existing relationships with Auckland Live’s valued promoters, partners, suppliers, and internal and external stakeholders.
- Working across all departments of Auckland Live.
- Collaborating with other Auckland Unlimited business units to identify opportunities for cross-department synergies.
- Driving market growth and brand awareness for Auckland Live.
Position Description https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_oOu081jScTcahc6Jfn4B-rY6X5eq16p/view
He kōrero mōu: About you
With a background in all aspects of campaign marketing especially in digital platforms, you will bring significant experience in:
- Digital marketing including web, email, and social media
- Developing and delivering time-sensitive and multi-platform marketing campaigns.
- Budget and project management.
- Copy writing and report writing
- Leading and coaching a team that is responsible for campaigns across a portfolio of events with varied objectives and a on range of marketing platforms.
The successful candidate will also be commercially focussed and digitally savvy, have a strategic approach to growing marketing segments, and possess a deep working knowledge of how to develop and implement new marketing channels. Top-notch communication skills and a strong customer focus are essential in this role to support and enhance relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
Excellent organisational and business skills will help you to successfully deliver projects, especially when under pressure. You will have a solid understanding of audience development principles, programming trends, and the ability to present and contextualise statistical information.
Ngā āhuatanga kei a mātou: What we offer
This is a unique role where you can showcase your creativity and a willingness to manage a highly talented marketing team, get stuck in, and deliver inspired and timely marketing campaigns. You will be part of a passionate group of people who work hard to make Auckland Live and Auckland Unlimited an industry leader in the marketing and publicity sector.
If this sounds like your next move, then we’d love to hear from you!
Applications close Tuesday 21 September 2021
Auckland Unlimited, a CCO of Auckland Council, is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and we are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application to assist you through the recruitment process.