Are you a 'people person' who sees the big picture and enjoys finding solutions to complex problems?
The New Plymouth District Council (NPDC) is looking for a full-time engagement specialist. You will proactively manage a strategic and integrated approach to engagement across the organisation with a strong focus on seizing opportunities and mitigating risks.
Key accountabilities include the following:
- A high level of customer service, working as one team, Kotahitanga
- A 'can do', flexible attitude with the ability to trouble shoot
- Experience at having courageous conversations with senior leaders, providing good advice and finding compromises
- Ensuring a strategic approach to engagement across the organisation with a diverse range of audiences and partners
- Significant experience in media management
Working in a fast paced organisation, you'll have an eye on the big picture and be able to work across NPDC to achieve strategic engagement outcomes, presenting one public face. You'll be able to breakdown complex concepts quickly into bite sized chunks of public friendly information and be confident managing media.
NPDC is building a Sustainable Lifestyle Capital for its residents and ratepayers. It is made up of 16 different business units and manages $3.5 billion worth of assets.
At NPDC we have an inclusive culture that is built on trust and respect, we call it Mana Tangata. We offer flexible working (where available) and you get to work with a team of dedicated experts who share a passion for making a difference. We live these through our values Hapaitanga (making a difference) and Oranga Tangata (safety and wellbeing).
We aim to create and sustain a truly rewarding workplace environment for our staff. We have put together an integrated Total Rewards Framework that spans Wellbeing, Development, Benefits, Culture and Recognition.
Please provide as part of your application a link to a current portfolio of your work.
Applications close on Friday, 3 December 2021.