Kaiwhakatairanga | Marketing Manager
Te Pou is expanding in 2022 and we are looking for someone to fill a newly created role as our key Marketing person.
We produce theatre, and hold development workshops and wānanga for Māori creatives. We have also recently built a theatre auditorium at Corban Estate Arts Centre, and are in the process of building a second studio for small showings and rehearsals. Te Pou is a home for Māori performing arts in Tāmaki Makaurau.
We are looking for someone to join our small rōpū to engage with our audiences, work with venue hirers to market their shows, work alongside our fundraising team and provide us with fantastic marketing content for our multiple marketing channels. We are looking for someone who has vision, a passion for the performing arts, and a desire to support Te Pou in our kaupapa to create a vibrant kaupapa Māori home for the performing arts. You will work alongside all Kaihautū, especially Kaihautū Taha Whānau and Taha Hinengaro.
This role is a permanent, full time employment position with a salary of $70,000 per annum. We are open to other options such as job sharing so please don't hestiate to contact us if you are keen to work part time only, or feel your skills need support in some areas.
Ideally you will
- Have previous experience in performing arts or events and fundraising marketing & communications
- Be skilled in graphic design, content creation, social media, mailchimp, Adobe Creative Suite. We also use PatronBase CRM but will provide training.
- Have strong communication, relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- Be comfortable with working to tight deadlines and quick turnarounds.
- A high level of initiative, self-motivation and enthusiasm.
- The ability to work collaboratively as part of a small rōpū
- An understanding of kaupapa Māori
- Ideally you will also be fluent, or have competency, with reo Māori (please note that we can work around this if you do not).
For more information please download the Job Description below.
If you have any patai please feel free to email your question to us in advance of applying.