We are seeking creative proposals to capture attendees at the World of Culture events in Papakura in March-April 2022. The work created will then be displayed in a public space for the wider community to experience throughout 2022.
The medium could be digital or instant photography, video, or audio, but should aim to capture the diverse audiences attending the event, telling their stories, and creating a sense of local pride and identity in being from the local area.
The project should meet the key outcome from the 2020 Local Board Plan:
- The community has opportunities to engage with creative practice as participants or audience
- Arts and culture is celebrated in the local board area
- A sense of local identity and pride is supported through arts and culture activities
The 2022 World of Culture Festival will be celebrated across Auckland between 18 March – 3 April 2022, and Auckland Councils regional events team have organised a World of Cultures and Music in the Parks event in Takaanini for 2 April 2022.
A series of complimentary programmes will also be held at Te Paataka Koorero o Takaanini (Takaanini Library) including workshops, classes, performances, and exhibitions.
- Local artists and suppliers will be actively approached to contribute to the event
- The preference is that the final artworks created will remain on display in a public space for approximately 6 months
- A minimum of 2 suitable locations to display the artworks should be identified, for example but not exclusively:
- Papakura Library / Museum foyer
- Central Park
- Hawkins Theatre
- Takanini Village
- Vacant shops in the Papakura Town Centre
- Online, digital component to complement the physical display
- The supplier is required to oversee all aspects of the development and delivery of the project, including community liaison, set up and pack down and staffing on the day, editing of works, install and deinstall of the exhibition, and managing project budget.
- This also includes executing a marketing and communications plan including content and design of publicity material and advertising in local media.
- The supplier must be a registered company, or working under an umbrella company, and have Public Liability Insurance
The budget for this project is $20,000 (excluding GST).
How to apply
Proposals are due on or before Sunday 23 January 2022 and require a detailed project proposal outlining the approach and methodology, including the following information:
- 250 words outlining your idea
- Any images that will help describe your idea, or examples of previous work
- Any approvals that would be required (e.g., landowner permission or approval for artworks to be displayed)
- Budget (including install, deinstall & any maintenance/replacements of artwork on display)
Please email your proposal to email@example.com.