Location Taki Rua Productions, Te Haukāinga, Level 1, 274 Taranaki Street, Wellington
Type Full Time Permanent Employment
Role Title Kaiwhakatairanga (Marketing and Communications Coordinator)
Salary Band $45,000 - $65,000 per annum. A candidate who possess all skills in this role will likely commence at $55,000.
Taki Rua Productions - Aotearoa's Foremost Māori Theatre Company.
Taki Rua produce, commission and develop theatre with a distinctively Māori voice. We collaborate with the brightest voices in our industry, touring productions locally, nationally and internationally.
Since 1983, Taki Rua has been an arts industry leader – a creative rule breaker, continually evolving the definition of Māori theatre. We exist to connect our past and present and ensure Māori voices are heard worldwide.
Each year our team develop new works, supporting a range of talent and ensuring Māori theatre remains bold and contemporary. Our productions offer important contributions to New Zealand’s creative discourse, providing insight into the development of our nation.
Taki Rua are now seeking a Kaiwhakatairanga (Marketing and Communications Coordinator) for full time permanent employment.
The Kaiwhakatairanga coordinates and assists with the delivery of marketing and communications for the productions and operations of Taki Rua Productions Society Incorporated (Taki Rua), as a leading Māori Theatre and performing arts production company. They coordinate and assist with the development and delivery of marketing campaigns and communications, and create some online content for our productions that tour locally, nationally, and internationally.
To be successful in this role
- You have demonstrated experience in marketing and communication.
- You have an awareness of, and ideally competency in, te ao Māori environments, coupled with a recognition of the implications of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- You are a collaborative team member, with the ability to think creatively and proactively.
- You have excellent communication, relationship management, and interpersonal skills.
- You are digitally savvy including advanced knowledge of Social Media, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, Google Suite and CRM platforms.
What we can offer
- An exciting, inclusive and supportive working environment.
- A competitive salary.
- Development opportunities with te reo Māori and tīkanga Māori.
- Various professional development opportunities.
- A genuine flexible working environment.
How to apply
To apply, please email your curriculum vitae and cover letter expressing your interest in the role to us at HR@takirua.co.nz before 11pm on Sunday 16 January 2022. A shortlist will be selected to interview. Interviews will take place on Thursday 3 February & Friday 4 February 2022.
Applicants for this position are required to be vaccinated and have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
For any questions contact us at HR@takirua.co.nz