Programs Manager - Learning & Engagement
OrganisationAustralian Chamber Orchestra
Closes17 Jan 2022
Posted on23 Dec 2021
Work typeFull time employment
Work classificationEducation & Development, Management & Admin, Music
Led by its charismatic Artistic Director, Richard Tognetti AO, the Australian Chamber Orchestra is Australia’s most dynamic performing arts organisation. Renowned world-wide for its inspired and courageous programming and unrivalled performances, the ACO collaborates with an extraordinary range of artists including the world’s leading performers, cinematographers, visual artists and writers. In early 2022, the ACO will move to its new, purpose-built home on Pier 2/3 in Sydney’s Walsh Bay Arts Precinct, which will create exciting new community engagement and collaborative opportunities for the company.
- Challenging and varied role, with a great opportunity to lead end-to-end project management working alongside creative colleagues who are committed to the sector
- Plan and deliver inspiring and industry leading programs, with tours, events, and activities across Australia for a diverse range of communities and participants
- Exciting opportunities associated with the organisation’s move to Pier 2/3 in the Walsh Bay Arts Precinct in early 2022, to a new, state-of-the-art performance, rehearsal and administration space
- Full time role (initial 2 years fixed term)
- Competitive salary
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To take responsibility for the successful management and delivery of key projects and programs that are part of the ACO’s broader Learning & Engagement Program.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Learning & Engagement Program currently comprises three core streams of activity:
- Talent Development for the best young and emerging musicians across the country;
- Early Years music experiences for children and families; and
- Community Engagement with a diverse range of communities.
The focus of the role is managing the Talent Development programs (including the ACO Emerging Artist Program, ACO Collective performances and tours, and ACO Academy); the ACO Foundations Program; and a range of other learning and engagement initiatives and activities as required. The Programs Manager is required to have oversight of all assigned program activities, from planning, funding applications and budgeting to program delivery (including some touring) and post-program evaluations and acquittals. The role works closely with the Director of Learning & Engagement and is supported by the Learning & Engagement Coordinator.