Setup and Delivery Team Members
We have several casual vacancies within our Venues Wellington Setup and Delivery Team, you will be setting up venues for the awesome events we hold.
Ideally, you will have experience working in venue setup and delivery, and take pride in ensuring our venues are ready for hire, and that clients receive an extraordinary customer experience. You will be energetic with the ability to work actively for hours at a time.
As this is an events based role, this is a casual position with shifts on an ‘as required’ basis. Shifts may be at any time of the day and evening to help with set up from events ranging from the basketball to a big concert to a conference.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Setting up venues in accordance with client instructions as detailed within the event run sheets which may include: setting up tables and chairs, building stages and platforms, and transporting equipment.
- Handling all operations equipment appropriately.
- Dealing with clients, contractors and co-workers in a respectful, polite and courteous manner.
- Taking an active role in identifying and eliminating any health and safety risks to yourself and others.
- If required to, assisting in maintaining a high standard of cleanliness in our venues.
You will bring to the role and team
- Previous experience working in a similar environment with operational equipment.
- The ability to work flexibly on evenings and weekends.
- Forklift and full driver’s license are preferred, but not essential.
- A great team player with the ability to develop and maintain successful relationships.
- Reliability and trustworthiness with an excellent attention to detail and the ability to remain calm in the face of tight turnarounds.
Venues Wellington is a business unit of WellingtonNZ and responsible for securing, managing and delivering extraordinary events in the Michael Fowler Centre, The Opera House, TSB Arena, TSB Auditorium (Shed 6) and Academy Galleries.
WellingtonNZ is the agency tasked with making the Wellington region wildly famous. Our organisation is shamelessly passionate about this wild and wonderful region we call home and want to make it famous as the most creative place in New Zealand to live, work, visit and play.
WellingtonNZ truly values its people and is committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone can thrive, have fun and make a difference.
WellingtonNZ is committed to paying the living wage