E ngā mana, e ngā reo, tēnā koutou katoa
Taki Rua Productions is on the look-out for new members to join Ngā Kaiurungi, the Board of its incorporated society. Ngā Kaiurungi perform an important role in the governance and strategic vision of the company and serve a three-year term, with the option of re-election. Ngā Kaiurungi work within the five uara (values) of Taki Rua; Manaakitanga, Whanaungatanga, Kotahitanga, Pūkengatanga and Kaitiakitanga.
We are particularly keen to hear from you if you have a passion for Māori performing arts and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Te Reo me ōnā Tīkanga
- Funding, Sponsorship & Philanthropy
- Human Resource
Taki Rua Productions is a national, kaupapa Māori performing arts organisation based in Pōneke. We produce, commission and develop theatre works through a distinctively Māori lens, while advocating for the wider industry.
Since 1983, Taki Rua has been an arts industry leader – a creative rule breaker, continually evolving the definition of Māori theatre. We exist to connect the past and present and ensure Māori voices are heard worldwide.
- Member of Taki Rua Productions Society Incorporated at time of nomination
- Three-year Term with the option of re-election
- Six Board meetings a year (every two months) which can be attended virtually
- Membership on one sub-committee of Ngā Kaiurungi (Finance & Risk, Te Reo and Tīkanga, Human Resources and/or 40th Anniversary Committees) which can be attended virtually
- Attendance at annual operational events.
Nominations will be presented to the membership of Taki Rua Productions Society Incorporated at the Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 28 June 2022 as outlined in the Constitution.
- Nominations received by 31 May will be included with the Annual Report information
- Nominations received after this date will be tabled at the AGM
How to apply
Please email us with your nominee’s name and bio, to HR@takirua.co.nz
Nominations received after the AGM (Tuesday 28 June 2022) will not be considered.
For any questions, please contact: HR@takirua.co.nz
For more information, please visit our website: www.takirua.co.nz