Education and Engagement Facilitator
Opus Orchestra is the professional orchestra for the Waikato and Bay of Plenty region and the wider Central North Island. We inspire and connect people through the performance of quality music across our region, making a distinctive contribution to a vibrant arts community.
We are looking for a music educator with a passion for orchestral music to develop and run our new education and engagement programme, Opus Pathways. This is a unique opportunity to expand growth opportunities for young and early career musicians.
This is a Contract for Service Position reporting to the Opus Board Chair, initially for 10 hours per week worked flexibly across the year, including occasional evening and weekend work. There is potential for the role to expand in scope and hours in future.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing a multi-year education and professional development programme for musicians at secondary school, tertiary, and early- to mid-career levels
- Designing activities that align with the objectives of the Opus Pathways programme
- Coordinating and facilitating education and professional development activities
- Taking responsibility for administering the programme
Our ideal candidate will be a passionate music educator who:
- Has experience managing projects and events from vision to execution
- Has a track record of building and maintaining networks and relationships with a range of stakeholders
- Has teaching qualifications and/or experience and is familiar with the NZ education system
- Can manage their own time, budgets and deadlines
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Opus Orchestra is committed to equality of opportunity and diversity to ensure we reflect the range of stakeholders we aim to engage with. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people irrespective of age and background.
For an informal chat about the role, contact the Chair, Bronya Dean, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Charity Registration: CC51574