New Zealand’s national opera company welcomes expressions of interest as we look to appoint a full-time Head of Music to contribute to the future of opera in Aotearoa New Zealand.
Building on the fine achievements of our (now relocated) Acting Head of Music, the successful applicant will be responsible for organising the delivery of all musical aspects of New Zealand Opera’s work, including our exciting artist development programme and three talented choruses. This full-time position reports to the General Director and sits on the Senior Leadership Team.
We are looking for a collaborative and lateral thinking person with the following attributes and skills:
- Music degree or equivalent training / experience
- Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of the opera repertoire
- Well organised with the ability to manage an administrative workload with competing priorities
- Proven track record in managing people and resources
- Knowledge and experience of coaching and casting artists
- Experienced collaborative pianist
- Flexible and adaptable
- Excellent interpersonal skills
If you are a music professional with extensive experience in opera, we would love to hear from you.
Applications from people with New Zealand or Australian citizenship, or the right to work in NZ, will be prioritised.
Enriching the cultural life of Aotearoa
Whakarangatirahia te oranga ahurea o Aotearoa
How to apply
To request a full job description email firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please email your CV along with a cover letter detailing your suitability for the role to email@example.com
Enquiries to Thomas@nzopera.co.nz
Applications close at 5.00 pm on 8 July 2022