Senior Video Editor
Join a thriving video production company, producing high-end social, online and commercial video content for some of New Zealand’s favourite brands and organisations.
To date, Eyes and Ears have crafted thousands of videos for a client base ranging from large corporates and universities, to non-profits, start-ups and SME’s. We cover a wide range of projects – corporate and commercial videos (social, online and TVC), music videos, narrative films and more!
We’re always pushing the boundaries of video production to surpass expectations and deliver work that stands out on a national and international stage. High production value, original stories and being easy to work with are core to our work.
We are looking for an experienced and creative Senior Video Editor to join our team!
While advanced editing skills are a must, we are also looking for someone who can manage our post-production pipeline, and give strong direction to the rest of the post-production team. The successful applicant will work closely with our Director and Producer to manage project briefs and timelines, run in-house edit review sessions with clients, and delegate tasks between themselves and the rest of the post production team.
This is a full-time permanent position.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Edit a wide variety of video projects to a high standard. We make everything from commercial promos to heartfelt videos to comedy sketches. Experience in a range of styles, tones and genres is essential. This will include editing content that we have captured, edits from footage provided to us by a client.
- Manage the post-production process – this includes briefing, reviewing and feeding back on edits with our post production team, and liasing with the Director and Producer around timelines, feedback and progress updates.
- Collaborate humbly and thrive on receiving and delivering thoughtful and direct feedback.
- Have the agency to make creative, narrative choices on edits and give feedback on other peoples' work.
- We are Mac-based, using Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3-5 years of experience editing content (commercial/promotional work is an advantage).
- Proven experience working and presenting confidently in client-facing situations.
- A portfolio that showcases a wide range of work and your diverse storytelling capabilities.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Premiere Pro.
- Be able to work effectively under pressure – there are often fast turnaround times which will require quick decision-making.
- Familiarity with content platforms, delivery specifications, media files and codecs.
- A keen attention to detail, ensuring all projects are delivered to a high-standard
- Demonstrated ability to “think on your feet”, juggle multiple activities and assignments simultaneously, while still hitting deadlines .
- Impeccable organisational skills, reliable and punctual.
- It’s important to us that the successful applicant’s values align with our own. Respect of all people and fair representation is extremely important to us – both in our team and processes, as well as the content we produce.
- Experience in After Effects, sound design, colour grading are also big advantages.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT EYES AND EARS
- We have a friendly, relaxed working environment with a small tight-knit team. We have a huge, eclectic mix of novelty items around our office and we love a good office sweepstakes. We think it's important to have fun but we also knowing when it's time to put our heads down and get the job done.
- Our values are super important to us, and we’re looking for somebody who is on the same page. That means we are all about creating equal opportunities, trying to find sustainable ways of doing things, calling out racism and gender inequality and in general, always supporting each other.
- We are also situated in a great spot in Eden Terrace close to many rental houses, cafes and restaurants. Check out our website for more about us!
The role is 9am-5:30pm, Monday-Friday. Occasional overtime will be required.
Start date is ASAP