About the role:
Permanent full-time on-site in Wellington, NZ – 40 hours per week – $80k-$100k+ based on experience. Due to Covid-19 travel and immigration restrictions, applicants must currently be living in New Zealand or have a valid work visa.
We’re Dinosaur Polo Club, an award-winning video game design studio full of lovely people making games in Te Whanganui-a-Tara, Wellington, New Zealand. Growing in size, we are on the look-out for another enthusiastic Senior Producer. This person will be instrumental in supporting our games and team members as we continue to develop our critically acclaimed games Mini Metro and Mini Motorways, and future titles. Hopefully that person is you!
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running confidently, so you’ll ideally have three or more years of production, team support and leadership experience. In this role, you’ll be responsible for keeping our upcoming and live games on track and helping ensure the studio is functioning efficiently and happily. Ideally you will have led production on at least two game projects previously, from pre-production to launch and beyond! You will be proactive in nature with great organisational skills, as well as someone who wants to help us maintain and grow a fun and inspiring environment where everyone on our team can thrive.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Be a part of both the department and studio teams, actively seeking to develop a method of communication that is adaptable to different personality types and understandable to those outside of your immediate department;
- Collaborate with department leads to create and maintain high level production timelines to ensure we’re developing our games on time and on budget;
- Work with our Production Department to lead team support processes, including facilitating and documenting production one-on-one sessions, team standups, sprint reviews and sprint planning sessions;
- Work alongside our team leads to ensure quality is maintained at the highest standard across the board;
- Use industry-standard project management tools to track and manage tasks and bugs, including tools such as Monday, Notion, Miro, and Google Suite;
- Coordinate the release of major game updates and new game launches alongside our team leads and development team;
- Team up with our community management and QA departments to coordinate beta builds, bug tracking, and our player support processes;
- Work alongside the marketing and communications department to coordinate long term marketing and release strategy plans for multiple platforms;
- Communicate with platform holders, publishers and stakeholders regularly, delivering project updates and ensuring we are working closely with our partners at all levels;
- Assist in the planning of team upskilling alongside team leads and our Production Department.
The skills and experience we’re looking for:
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a production role in games, film, or software;
- Professional experience with Agile methodologies for games or software development;
- Fantastic organisational skills and a high level of initiative is critical;
- An interest in developing unique and high-quality video games;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a fluency in English;
- Dedication to working in a professional, inclusive and supportive environment—as a Producer you will be responsible for ensuring all of these qualities are maintained within our team.
At Dinosaur Polo Club we value a healthy work-life balance where our dinos can flourish both inside and outside of the studio. We have a creative team, opportunities for growth, and a wholesome, supportive studio environment.
We value diversity and believe that our team should be as varied and wonderful as the people who play our games all around the world. Differences such as disabilities, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity and any other aspects of various cultures and identities are important perspectives that contribute to an inclusive, well-rounded, and engaging work environment. We know we’re creating better games when we have varied perspectives and experiences contributing to them. Women, LGBTQ+ community, Māori and Pasifika – we want to hear from you!
If there is anything we can do to allow for easier participation in the interview process, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What we can offer you:
- A lovely bunch of skilled and enthusiastic team members for you to work alongside.
- Generous training allowance for things such as conferences, workshops, courses and self-directed learning.
- Dedicated training days.
- Support structure including regular one-on-ones, feedback processes, and goal setting.
- Team events such as regular social activities, quarterly pot-luck lunches, movie nights at the studio, holiday functions and more.
- Healthy snacks, yummy treats and close proximity to some of Wellington’s best eateries! Plus an impressive array of locally made tea and coffee.
- Quarterly personal discretionary wellness allowance.
- Quarterly bonuses based on studio performance.
- Monthly workplace massages.
- Flexible workplace with core hours and optional work-from-home days.