Pātaka is a vibrant local government museum and art gallery located in Porirua. As well as showcasing the best in Māori, Pacific, and contemporary New Zealand arts, we also aspire to enhance the wellbeing of the people and communities of Porirua through the arts.
All about the job
This fun and challenging role will embrace your strong organisation skills with your passion for creativity and events management. You'll need flexibility to work some weekend and evening hours scheduled around events.
In this role you'll:
- work with the curatorial team to deliver engaging public programmes
- engage with internal and external customers to organise venue hire and facility bookings
- coordinate and deliver Museum and Gallery exhibition openings and cultural events for Pātaka
- coordinate events, activities, programmes and tours associated with various permanent and temporary exhibitions
- work with the Front of House team and other staff to ensure that all venue spaces are set up packed down.
You'll need to show us that you:
- have some experience in event coordination and public programmes
- can work independently and take initiative with projects
- have an understanding and knowledge of Māori, Pacific, New Zealand art and cultures
- have excellent practical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- are a strong administrator and/or project coordinator
- have some good negotiation skills
- are organised in all that you do.
What you need to do now
To find out more about working for Porirua City Watch this video
Come and join our team and be part of our vibrant Museum, and be part of our welcoming and engaging environment. Please contact Natalie Still on 04 237 1511 for more information.
Applications need to be received via our careers portal by Monday, 15 August 2022.
For a position description and to apply, please visit our careers portal https://pcc.careercentre.net.nz