Events & Sponsorship Executive
Events & Sponsorship Executive – Heart of the City
- Do you love events and art and food and Christmas …and organising cool activations?
- Are you a detail-oriented person who is good with planning and managing logistics and operational elements, and who likes dealing with and working collaboratively with a wide range of interesting and creative people, with skills to help write content to promote the great events you help to curate, so everyone wants to come and share the fact they are attending?
- If you have a passion for the urban experience and events and want to learn more and be involved in creating a city centre for Auckland that is colourful, lively and a place with a vibrant cultural heart that is seen as a great place to come and visit - we are keen to chat.
If you haven’t heard of us, we are Heart of the City (HOTC) and we are here to help build an inspirational and international city centre that is the thriving commercial hub of the region, rich in culture and heritage, a place where there are lots of events and things going on and that Aucklanders are proud of.
Have we kept you reading?
Working with our Events & Sponsorship Manager, you will be responsible for completing specific tasks and projects and supporting the delivery of the annual events and sponsorship programme. This includes developing and managing timelines for the completion of work, completing all event permitting applications and health and safety requirements and managing all operational and logistics work required to carry out Heart of the City events, administration and completion of supplier agreements, event content collation and creation, website uploading and editing, photography briefing and the administration of image rights/licensing, budgetary administration, production of event related marketing collateral and general campaign support as required. You will also get involved in evaluating and responding to sponsorship proposals and managing the delivery of sponsorship benefits.
- Maintaining and developing relationships to on-board event partners and HOTC stakeholders, and suppliers to achieve the various event plans.
- Planning for events, completing timelines and setting deadlines, submitting event permits, holding meetings with partners and suppliers and liaising with businesses on how they can get involved.
- Coordinating the collation and where required creation, of event content and imagery, alongside contracted event managers and suppliers, event stakeholders and the HOTC marketing team.
- Develop presentations to be shared internally and externally to present finalised event programmes.
- Working with the membership team to draft and distribute business-to-business event related communications.
- Work alongside the Events & Sponsorship Manager, and HOTC’s PR agencies to share and provide event content and any necessary support and co-ordination with relevant parties to achieve media coverage for HOTC events as required.
- Developing and managing the production of event related collateral and installation of signage.
- Create post analysis reports including capturing a record of event activities and coordinating surveys directly with event participants, capturing any insights and learnings and reporting on research feedback
- The successful candidate will have 2-3 years of relevant experience and ideally a relevant degree e.g. advertising, marketing, PR or event management.
- Project management skills, being highly organised, an ability to plan with good day- to-day time management and strong written communication skills will be crucial. As will experience creating or delivering events.
- Any other experience or skills, such as managing contracts or managing event permits would be a bonus.