Type: Fixed term - June 2023
Hours: Full time
Business Group: Archives NZ
Branch: Enterprise Partnerships
Salary: $57,561 - $77,876
Archives New Zealand Te Rua Mahara o te Kāwanatanga sits within Te Haumi – Enterprise Partnerships - the Department’s epicentre of information management, culture and heritage. Our branch is all about collecting, storing, and preserving important things that are precious to New Zealand. At Te Rua Mahara | Archives New Zealand we care for public archives and taonga tuku iho.
Te Maeatanga is responsible for the delivery of systematic digitisation of our archive holdings in order to make them available to our customers online anywhere any time. Moving from Physical to Digital access helps to preserve the original paper record. The Digitisation Archivists play a key part in the success of this mahi.
Key aspects of the role:
- Identifying, scoping, and surveying archival holdings for Digitisation
- Providing workflow support to the Digitisation Assistants
- Working in our Collections systems
- Ability to manage complexity.
If you have the following skill sets and experience, we would very much like to hear from you:
- A sound background working in collections management and the GLAM (Galleries, Libraries, Archives and Museums) sector
- Worked with collections information management systems/ collections databases and can learn new systems
- Good communicator and storyteller, can contribute content to our online channels
- Has experience with research, scoping & planning archives and/ or collections projects
- Comfortable working in an analogue and digital environment
- Is detail orientated, but is pragmatic and is also able to see the big picture
- Takes a design thinking approach to problem solving
- Enjoys working in a team environment and mentoring others
If you thrive on cutting edge projects, a genuine challenge, and knowing that what you do, you do for the good of New Zealand, we would very much like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We recognise a diverse workforce contributes to better business outcomes. We are committed to creating a workplace where all employees have equal access.
To learn more about the diverse, important mahi we do at Te Tari Taiwhenua and see why we're a great place to work, click here.