MOTAT is the largest technology museum in Aotearoa and is home to unique examples of innovation in transport and technology. We are currently looking for an experienced museum professional to work alongside our Senior Curator - Technology to curate and research MOTAT’s Technology collections.
As our Technology Curator, you will be assisting in the development and documentation of the collection, answering public and internal enquiries, and producing research and content about MOTAT’s technology collections. You will be part of our Curatorial Research team focused on MOTAT’s transport and technology collection.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification and 3-5 years working in a similar role.
- Knowledge and interest in technology collections, ideally demonstrated through your previous roles or research.
- Comprehensive understanding of modern museum best practice.
- Vernon (or other collection management database) experience.
- Great communication skills and an ability to work well in a customer service and team environment.
- Awareness of hazardous substances in museum collections.
- An understanding and appreciation of mātauranga Māori and the implications of Te Tiriti o Waitangi within a museum environment.
You will be working 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday, with some flexibility in both your hours of work and work location. Our Curatorial Research team are primarily based in Penrose, but you will be required to travel to our Western Springs sites.
Along with joining a team of passionate, capable, and likeminded people, you will also get the benefit of a flexible work environment, birthday leave, sick leave entitlement from your first day, entitlements to study leave and professional development, additional KiwiSaver contributions, and a MOTAT Annual Pass for your family.
For the full position description and to apply for this role, go to: https://www.motat.nz/get-involved/employment