MOTAT is an interactive museum with a focus on creating a fun, stimulating environment for its visitors. It is home to a unique mix of collections and experiences with a vision to educate and inspire the innovators of tomorrow.
We are seeking a Senior Communications Advisor to work across external and internal communications. If you have demonstrated communications and PR experience, this role will reward you with its variety and opportunities to be creative as well as corporate. Support all areas of communications and the brand engagement of a family-friendly science and technology museum.
You will be part of an engaged and hard-working team who have each other’s backs. You will also be supported by a Communications Coordinator and responsible for mentoring and leading them in their work and development. This is an exciting time to join our team, as MOTAT navigates it’s te Ao Māori journey and explore another lens by which we approach our mahi. You don’t have to be an expert, just bring your desire to learn!
- Be the communications lead for everything from building relationships with media and PR stakeholders, developing communications strategies, written communications and report writing, to social media content and strategy, and internal communications.
- Facilitate media and filming requests and contribute to key stakeholder events.
- Contribute to and manage the implementation of communications plans, in line with the overall Marketing and Communications Strategy, maintaining an organisation-wide view of communication needs.
- Work with the External Relations Manager and Senior Marketing Advisor to create, grow and uphold the MOTAT Brand voice.
- Develop and manage the Museum’s internal communications programme to maximise staff engagement, awareness and support for MOTAT’s strategic objectives, culture and values.
To be successful in this role you will be a positive, flexible and self-motivated team player with a solid background in communications and public relations. Having the confidence to engage with people at all levels to develop positive working relationships will be vital, coupled with your ability to mentor and support the Communications Coordinator. You will have demonstrated ability to manage brand perceptions, stakeholder needs and media relationships. At least 5 years of Communications and Public Relations experience preferably within the community, arts, culture or social development sectors. A relevant qualification, high computer literacy, strong admin, project management and time management skills are also required. You will have experience using digital channels for communication purposes and proven high-level writing skills.
This is a great time to join a team with the experience and enthusiasm to position MOTAT as a ‘must experience’ venue here in Tāmaki Makaurau. Not only will you get to work with great people in the heart of Te Wai Ōrea Western Springs, but you will also get the benefit of flexible working policies, birthday leave, study leave, additional KiwiSaver contributions, and a MOTAT Mates annual pass for you and your family.
This is a full-time, Monday to Friday role (and occasionally an evening or weekend) and you must be eligible to work in New Zealand to apply.