Programme Coordinator/Kairuruku Hōtaka
- Have you experience in delivering exceptional outcomes?
For 30 years, the Theatre in Health Education Trust (THETA) has delivered innovative and highly effective health education programmes to the rangatahi/youth of Aotearoa New Zealand through the experiential medium of theatre. THETA employs Applied Theatre methodologies including Theatre-in-Education, Process Drama, Theatre of the Oppressed and Playback Theatre.
This role will support the delivery of interactive theatre-based programmes (Sexwise) to actively engage rangatahi/youth in issues that are otherwise difficult to discuss or understand.
THETA attracts contracts from a number of government and non-government organisations. This role supports THETA’s ability to ensure that its key health promotion programmes remain free to those who will benefit from them most.
The Programme Coordinator position is an exciting and rewarding opportunity to further THETA’s work while providing the high-level planning and administrative services required in a role like this. Working alongside the Artistic Director you will be the linchpin for THETA in a number of critical areas, including but not limited to:
- Supporting the annual audition and selection process of our Performer-Facilitators
- Co-ordinating the registration and booking process for schools and groups
- Co-ordinating all travel and accommodation for our touring groups of Performer-Facilitators
- Preparing quality correspondence and reports for and on behalf of the Trust Board
- Preparing and submitting grant applications
- Assisting with the Board’s financial reporting, fund management and record-keeping functions, including producing budgets and technical reports
- Understanding Māori and Pasifika practices and protocols
This role requires intrinsic motivation, high energy and enthusiasm. You will be a switched on and savvy coordinator with exceptional interpersonal skills. You will also have the ability to respond quickly and effectively to emerging demands. Previous fundraising and/or accounting experience would be a bonus. At times there is an expectation that you will be contactable after hours for any urgent matters that may arise.
This is a fixed term position until 30th June 2023. The position is 0.8FTE to full-time, with the hours of work negotiable with the preferred candidate. Please indicate in your covering letter what your preference would be.