New Zealand's media landscape is about to undergo an exciting transformation. TVNZ and RNZ will become one entity next year, producing top-quality news and entertainment for New Zealanders, by New Zealanders.
This is your chance to join RNZ at a pivotal time in our history. We're thrilled about the new opportunities that are about to be available to our people; and we hope you can join us.
Te Tūranga - The opportunity
RNZ aims to develop a life-long relationship with all the people of Aotearoa by enriching, reflecting and connecting the communities of Aotearoa and the Pacific through informative, challenging and entertaining storytelling.
This is a rare opportunity to gain experience in all the areas of production and audience delivery RNZ Concert provides, while you help raise the profile of New Zealand's only classical music radio station across radio, digital and social platforms.
Te Mahi - About the job
RNZ Concert is looking for an energetic, organised and creative producer to help produce and supporting the delivery of engaging and entertaining content to our audiences.
- complete basic audio editing and documentation to broadcast-ready standard and deliver to radio and website
- participate in editorial planning to generate, refine and place the best stories and activities in the right places to engage interested audiences across RNZ Concert platforms and other RNZ outlets
- oversee RNZ Concert's social media accounts (currently Facebook and Twitter). Work with the Concert team and our performance partners to deliver content to grow audiences
- write and publish stories for the RNZ Concert website, newsletters etc
- provide back-up, cover and support for colleagues with overlapping skill sets, particularly radio producers
- there will be opportunities to learn about live music production.
Ōu Pūkenga - About you
A team player, you will be enthusiastic about contributing to the overall success of RNZ Concert as we move into the next exciting chapter of this much-loved radio station.
You will have the following:
- Audio or social media production experience
- A love of classical music
- Good energy and ideas.
We welcome applicants with connections to cultures and communities with an interest in classical music who we could better serve.
About RNZ Concert
RNZ Concert is the public radio station dedicated to sharing great classical music (and beyond) with people across Aotearoa. As well as offering lovingly curated and presented art music we are a music arts amplifier, gathering and showcasing work by New Zealand musicians, composers, organisations and communities here and across the world. Our unique music recording team is internationally acclaimed. We are a tight-knit, passionate team keen to welcome people who will help us move the motu (country) with music.
Ngā Hua - What we offer:
- An opportunity to be creative and join a great team culture
- We will match an employee's KiwiSaver contribution up to 4%
- RNZ supports work/life balance for our people including working from home initiatives where possible
- Comprehensive wellbeing support
- Great leave provisions
Te Ahurea - Our culture
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and constructive culture. This means creating a place where our people feel like they belong and can do their best work. We do this through our attitudes; Be Bold, Better Every Day and Extend Manaakitanga.
This is a full-time role based in Auckland.
How to apply
Please note: A complete application includes your cover letter and a CV. You may also wish to include links to examples of your work online.
Applications close on Wednesday, 5 October, 2022.
RNZ is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and welcomes applicants reflecting New Zealand's cultural and ethnic diversity.