Arts, Entertainment and Community Publicist
We are looking for a star to join our team. If you love comedy, theatre, dance, film, outdoor events and can balance complete professionalism whilst maintaining a sense of community and love for the NZ arts whānau – then this is your dream job.
We are looking for a full-time publicist to join our small team assisting and managing the implementation of energetic and creative PR campaigns for our diverse clientele. Campaigns include high end theatre and contemporary dance works, celebrity comedians, festivals and parades, right through to grass roots community arts targeted events. Check out www.elephantpublicity.co.nz
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Create written PR materials. This will include the writing of media releases/alerts, Q&A's and event previews and editorial.
- Phone and email pitching ‘selling’ stories and profiles to identified contacts.
- Contribute to PR strategies via team creative hui.
- Assistance in the management of opening nights and attending evening and weekend events as required. At these events networking and client servicing as part of our team is a must.
- Attend media calls with talent (sometimes after hours).
- Liaise directly with clients and media.
- Management of opening night invitation lists and ticket giveaways.
- Basic social media activity (Twitter, Facebook and Instagram).
- Reporting and database management.
We haven’t indicated a salary range as its dependent on where you’re at experience-wise. We welcome interest from mid-career budding publicists, and we are also happy to fully train the right person for a starting salary.
Applicants must have:
Creative thinking and drive
Ability to multi-task
Confident and bright phone manner
Good verbal and written communication skills
Sense of humour
Attention to detail and a flare for excellence
Must have Full driver’s license and be confident to drive talent to media calls
Practical office basic skills including skills in Outlook, Word and Excel
Whilst we are more than happy to receive applications from actors, dancers and arts practitioners please be aware that this is a permanent full-time position and as such offers limited opportunities for long periods off work for other projects.
Opportunity location: Auckland CBD
Right to work: Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work permit
Start date: Early 2023
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience level
Closing date: Friday 25 November