Director – Kiwi North
- Multidisciplinary Community, Tourism and Museum operation
- Flexible working environment
- Opportunity to make real and lasting change
He angitūtanga I The Opportunity
Kiwi North is an independent not for profit organisation. Having recently reset our five-year strategic plan, we are excited to be searching for a new Director to implement the changes that will revitalise and reinvigorate this piece of Te Tai Tokerau (Northland) culture. Based in Maunu, Whangarei on 25 hectares of rolling bushland dotted with heritage buildings, live iconic New Zealand animals, museum collections and spaces for community groups, this is a beautiful place to spend your days. The permanent full-time Director role encompasses leading a team of 15 and oversee the day-to-day operations of the organisation, whilst implementing the strategic priorities that will elevate Kiwi North to a primary community and tourist destination.
He kōrero mōu I About You
The ideal candidate will have passion, energy and a proven track record in both operational and strategic roles. Experience in the museum sector is not required if the candidate can bring with them the skills to lead a team through a change process and engage them and the wider community in that journey. The Board are looking for someone who:
- Is an experienced leader who can engage a team in a shared vision
- Is experienced in operations for a not for profit, tourism or multifunctional organisation
- Is effective in engaging with the wider community and comfortable promoting and marketing Kiwi North
- Can work through a change management process, supporting our team and community as we grow and develop
- Ability to work with the team to identify and implement new projects, collections and exhibitions that excite and engage our community
- Has experience in pushing through challenges to bring an organisation or team forward
This role includes a competitive salary package, stunning natural working environment, flexible working hours, and opportunities for professional development. Based in the winterless north with a family friendly lifestyle, we believe the biggest benefit of this role is the impact you can have on our team, community and promotion of our shared culture and history.