Youth Choral Outreach Coordinator
OrganisationNew Zealand Choral Federation
Closes10 Feb 2023
Posted on20 Jan 2023
Work typeFull time employment, Fixed Term
Work classificationEducation & Development, Music, Performing Arts
The New Zealand Choral Federation | Kotahitanga manu reo o Aotearoa (NZCF) is a non-profit organisation dedicated to promoting the performance, creation and enjoyment of group singing for all. We are Aotearoa’s largest choral network, with over 20,000 members drawn from hundreds of community, school and chamber choirs.
NZCF has secured funding from Manatū Taonga | Ministry for Culture & Heritage to deliver training, mentoring and resources for teachers of group singing in the primary/intermediate sector, and to provide pathways, support and training for 18-25 year olds to continue their passion for singing into adulthood. The Youth Choral Outreach Coordinator will manage the delivery of the Youth components of our MCH project. Please also see our other job listing for a Primary Choral Outreach Coordinator.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and able to work effectively from home, with experience in project management or administration and strong links to the choral sector in Aotearoa NZ.
The Primary Choral Outreach Coordinator will work closely with the NZCF Events Manager and will be supported by the Chief Executive and other members of our small NZCF team.
As the Primary Choral Outreach Coordinator you will…
- Manage delivery of the initiative, including liaison with and between mentors, youth participants and community & youth choirs
- Maintain a pool of qualified tutors & mentors for the programme
- Arrange schedules and any travel arrangements for tutors/mentors
- Collate resources where necessary
- Collect and collate feedback from participants to measure the success of the programme
- Create pages and manage content on the NZCF website to support the initiative
- Manage social media for the project and contribute to NZCF’s wider social media requirements as/when necessary
- Manage communications with NZCF’s Youth membership
- Contribute substantially to project milestone reports for Ministry of Culture and Heritage
This is a fixed-term employee or independent contractor role to 30 June 2024, working from a home-based office, with remuneration in the range of $65-70k pro rata.